Monday, November 17, 2008

Living Quarters

I thought I would provide an update with photos of my living quarters. It is strange because I am taking pictures to show everyone what my room for a month will be, and at the same time someone lives in the room all of the time. It is small and cramped, but my roommate Tyrone will be living in their a hell of a lot longer than me.

I guess my biggest complaint is the size of the beds. They are maybe 3 feet wide, and a little over 6 feet long. I am kind of a big guy. When I close the curtain at night, and it is dark, I feel like I am in a coffin. Then in the room there are the noises. We are on the outter hull. So there is constantly water splashing up against it, and it sounds like when you take your car to a car wash, and you sit inside. There is storage above the room, so when seas get rough, all sorts of stuff starts to fall over and clang around. Then there is the motion of the ship, which is sometimes strong enough to physically roll you over. This scared me a few times since I am on the top bunk.

I guess it all adds to the charm of it. The thing I am most grateful for, is that I am working so much that by the time I go to bed I am utterly exhausted and I don't care.

My room:


My bed:


My bathroom:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to use this post as a reference for my list of things I don't miss.

Anonymous said...

Bet you miss living here with me in the lap of luxury :-)

Unknown said...

It doesn't look that much smaller then Mills :)